FacilityConneX provides universities and higher education facilities with a real-time monitoring and commissioning solution that optimizes operational efficiency, meets sustainability initiatives, and increases energy and cost savings all while creating a healthier environment for students and staff. The combination of monitoring-based commissioning, fault detection & diagnostics, and advanced predictive analytics gives university executives, building planners, and operators complete transparency and a clear understanding of how their campus and satellite locations are operating. FacilityConneX provides higher education facility teams with the following benefits:
- Operational efficiency is enhanced with the consolidation of data from millions of IoT devices into one easy-to-use real-time monitoring platform.
- Proof of energy conservation measures is established using real-time analytics and trending data on energy savings and sustainability efforts, which are necessary to secure additional utility incentives.
- Energy savings up to 25 percent can be achieved through more accurate energy data monitoring and real-time alerts which create a clearer understanding of inefficiencies, peak use, and critical issues.
- Educational data sets from real-world applications that engineering students and staff can use within the classroom.
- Increased comfort for students and staff through real time alerts and monitoring based commissioning of air and water systems.
- Proactive facility maintenance through the FCXperience, which provides customized guidance on priority improvements for maximized energy and cost-savings
Environmental, Operational, and Cost-Related Challenges
- 942 institutions have registered to use the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS®),a voluntary, self-reporting framework from AASHE to help colleges and universities track and measure their sustainability progress
- 600 institutions have signed the American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment in an effort to decrease carbon emissions while increasing the research and educational programs
- America’s colleges and universities collectively own and manage more than 250,000 buildings and heat and cool more than five billion square feet of space on a daily basis which represents one of largest line items in any university budget.